Amecath Medical Technologies is the leading Egyptian catheter manufacturer. Amecath has a fast growing export business, based on a value-product-approach.
Growth capital investment into a small but profitable manufacturer of vascular access, dialysis and urology catheters.
|Investment date||September 2012|
|Region||HQ Egypt, exporting globally|
Business Highlights and Impact
- Established in Egypt in 1991, Amecath is the leading catheter manufacturing company in Egypt (market share of 65%).
- Applies stringent corporate governance system, including Board of Directors. Improved financial reporting and planning system, clear delegation of authority matrix, and ESG framework
- Appointed Robert Mitchell, former President of Endologix, as Chairman of the Board
- Deployed internal task force to support senior management with reorganization and growth plan execution as an international player
- Implemented new ERP solution
- Supported automation
- Continuous improvement of product quality
- The company has emerged as an exporter of vascular access, dialysis and urology catheters.
- Amecath holds several patents and FDA approved products
- Manufacturing cost very competitive against Asian competition
- In the wake of the global Covid-19 crisis, Amecath served the growing the demand for high-quality products in its field of expertise.
Overall: improved quality, a streamlined product program and export markets, with measurable improvement of export strategy, export share and team additions.